Subject: Re: AJBR6 V1.1 probs

Re: AJBR6 V1.1 probs

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:15:06 +0200

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:53:02 -0700, Nick Robinson wrote:
>Chaps,
>
>2. The HDD seems to stay on for a long time after a song is selected
>and starts 'playing'.... It also appears to take longer to 'buffer
> up' the MP3 file than the standard Archos firmware...

This is because we haven't optimized the disk reading/bit flipping
code enough. The current CVS version is faster, but not as fast as it
can get. Yet. I have a few trick left...

> Maybe it's not finding the file?

Yes it does, since it is buffering data.

>In order to get to the bottom of this problem would it be worthwhile
>modding my AJR6 for serial debugging??? Or has someone else done
>this already).

Noone has done this. If you feel comfortable doing this, please go
ahead. Otherwise join the IRC again, and I will send you some code to
test on your box.

Sorry that I didn't have time to do that today.

By the way, this is reported as bug number 573348.

/Linus

--
Linus Nielsen Feltzing, linus_at_haxx.se on 2002-06-25