Subject: Re: your mail

Re: your mail

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:12:52 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Benoit Midy wrote:

> - Is the bitmap LCD of the recorder only 1-pixel depth (I mean that each
> pixel could ON or OFF) lor could we set many pixel to many different
> contrast level ? I think it is only 1-pixel, isn't it ?

Yes, there is only on or off, 1-pixel depth.

> - About the bmp.c file inm the .\apps directory I'd like to know if I
> could compile it as a command line utlility and then use it to generate the
> C-array that contains the fonts from a bitmap ?

That's actually more or less how I did the Rockbox logo array, I made code
that is now within "#if 0" in apps/main_menu.c output the values in
comma-separated hex values instead of passing the data to lcd_bitmap() and
*bing* I had an array...

> if yes how do I must compile it to get an executable ?

The bmp.c file is initially Linus' code that I hacked up to compile and build
for Rockbox with the Rockbox logo bmp file. I simply put a #ifdef STANDALONE
around code that is still present but not used in the file.

Define that symbol and work away the flaws to build a stand alone tool.

The internal bitmap format is like this. w being the width of the given
bitmap:

             Pixel Column 0 1 2 ...

Pixel row 0 byte 0 bit 0 byte 1 bit 0 byte 2 bit 0
          1 byte 0 bit 1 byte 1 bit 1 byte 2 bit 1
          2 byte 0 bit 2 byte 1 bit 2 byte 2 bit 2
          7 byte 0 bit 7 byte 1 bit 7 byte 2 bit 7

          8 byte w bit 0 byte w+1 bit 0 byte w+2 bit 0
          9 byte w bit 1 byte w+1 bit 1 byte w+2 bit 1

  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/