Subject: Re: Digital out?

Re: Digital out?

From: Justin <jaf60_at_it.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:34:03 -0700

Doug wrote:

> what's the digital out good for?

Digital out was the only way to get noise-free playback of your mp3's.
Rockbox looks like it's going to solve the problem of interference in
the analogue jack though.

Also, cranking up the earphone jack volume right up to get a high enough
level for some equipement results in distorted bass. Use the digital out
instead, and everything is schweeeet :)
(Except that the digital handshake (I assume) takes a second or two,
which sometimes clips off the starting second of songs when you're
playing a playlist. Grrr. Can't win :-))

My (budget) home theatre system sounds much better from the digital
output.
So if you thought the analogue sounded good, try the digital :)