Subject: Re: New member to the list

Re: New member to the list

From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:43:01 -0600

: cool... WinXP doesnt support that... boo hoo !
:
: does anyone know how to script the 'safely remove hardware' stuff under
XP?
: its a PITA to have to do about 4-6 mouseclicks to unplug it (it always
says
: 'no' the first time, so have to try again)

I've not figured out a way... But you can get it to say 'yes' the
first time if you select the actual device rather than the "cumulative"
device in that nasty listbox. [I'm on 98 right now so my description's
not great.]

I think there may be a WinAPI syncfilesystem api call that would allow
a quick program to be written... But it would have to be customized
per machine for that virtual filesystem...

Regards,

Greg