Subject: RE: cvs: firmware/drivers button.c,1.14,1.15

RE: cvs: firmware/drivers button.c,1.14,1.15

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <"Nielsen>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:21:55 +0200

> What is the aim of the usb support by Rockbox :
> - simply detect the plugging ossthe USB cable and then
> use it to transmit file between the RockBox HD and the PC

Yes. That is the only thing that can be done with the ISDx00 chips.

> - or is it planned to used this cable to make possible
> to transmit file between 2 Players (also Recorder) !!

That is not possible. The ISDx00 chips don't support peering. They can only
function as a USB slave ATA device, nothing else. Our only intention with
the USB support is to detect the USB connection and give the ATA bus to the
ISDx00 chip.

/Linus