Subject: Re: Question re Linux...

Re: Question re Linux...

From: <T.Teulings_at_ping.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:20:57 GMT

Hallo!

> Just make sure your kernel has support for USB, USB mass storage devices
> and SCSI (a USB mass storage device is mounted as a SCSI device, don't
> as me why).

Correct. However I had problems with the simple plug in. If I boot
and than plug, I get timeout while detecting the drive. If I switch
on the drive and then boot, everything is OK (Hmmm, however I got
my machine hanging, if I riped from disk and copied a the same
time). I think I read somewhere (here?) to switch from usb-uhci
(I thing that was the correct order of characters) to uhci. Any
expirience anybody?

--
Gruß...
      Tim.