Subject: Re: Question re Linux...

Re: Question re Linux...

From: <T.Teulings_at_ping.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 14:29:51 GMT

Hallo!

> This is a known problem. You can build usb-uhci and usb-storage as modules
> and insert the usb-uhci module after you have plugged in the unit. That is
> easier that rebooting all the time.
>
>> I think I read somewhere (here?) to switch from usb-uhci
>> (I thing that was the correct order of characters) to uhci. Any
>> expirience anybody?
>
> Yes. The opposite. :-) Switch from uhci to usb-uhci.

Hmm, than I did everything correctly. Nevertheless I got the timeout.
Perhaps it has something to do whith me using SCSI-Emulation for
m CDROM-Drive (for burining cds). That way parts of that stuff are loaded
before plugin (I think, that I read somewhere about the timeout problem,
now I remember).

--
Gruß...
      Tim.