Subject: Re: Remote Control

Re: Remote Control

From: George Styles <george_at_ripnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:17:05 +0100

If the 'gurus' can get the basics working on the remote (ie, reading the
remote data byte) i am very interested in doing the rest of the
implementation. I have tried using the getc from the serial port, but it
just hangs. I am told that this is because it is still under development,
and interupt based serial access is not fully working yet.

Im afraid my embedded device knowlege is too limited to try and debug this
myself, but once the input works, the application side of it would be fun.

on a side note, it would be nice if the juklebox 'beeped' when a button on
the remote is pressed (like sony minidiscs for example) so you know it has
'noticed' the button press. Does the MAS chip in the AJB provide for this?
or would you have to send it a mp3 of a beep?

cheers