Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: fat filesystem problem

Re: Re: Re: Re: fat filesystem problem

From: Rune <colourless_at_stud.ku.dk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:08:48 +0200

> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:31:37 +0200, Rune wrote:
> >Secondly, I've located a possible bug. When i play certain songs
> >with a 224kbit bitrate. Rockbox reports:
> >0 kbit
> >0 Hz
> >And the timer disappers.
>
> Is the ID3V2 info present? Are all 224kbit songs like that?

Seems like the bitrate isn't to blame after all: All the songs which have
the problem contains a id3v2 tag. The timer works like a charm when I remove
the tags.
Anyway the timer dosen't always dissapear. Usually it shows the number 71582
as the total track playtime. When i skip between the faulty tracks sometimes
the timer dissappears never to return until reboot.

> >Has anyone by the way considered trying the AVC (automatic volume
> >control) of the MAS3587? It would be nice with a normalizing option
> >using this.
>
> I have thought of implementing support for it in Rockbox. Not that I
> would use it myself, but people like you might want it. IŽll have a
> go at it when I find the time. Or maybe you can do it yourself?

I've thought about it. But unforturnally I'm quite busy at the moment. I've
got a deadline at work on Monday. :-(
But after that I would love to give it a try. It shouldn't be too difficult
i reacon. The only thing needed is properly to set some register values in
the MAS and to add a appropriate menu-option.
Another thing: It seems like the mic. and the analog input is hardwired to
different ports on the MAS. I guess that this means that no external
(unamped.) mic. can be connected to the recorder without a hw mod. Can
anybody correct me in this matter?

- Rune