Subject: RE: [BUG] ata deep sleep & high bit rate mp3s

RE: [BUG] ata deep sleep & high bit rate mp3s

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:53:04 +0100

> I increased the MPEG_LOW_WATER value from 192K to 256K and
> the problem disappeared but I don't know
> if that's the correct solution.

I was also playing with MPEG_LOW_WATER last night. I think the best
solution is a dynamic MPEG_LOW_WATER based on the bitrate of the current
playing file. Of course VBR will have to default to the max value as there
is no way of easily predicting how long the current buffered data will last
for.

Stu.