Subject: Re: Ogg Vorbis

Re: Ogg Vorbis

From: Vladimir Pantelic <pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:29:57 +0200

Florian Mösch wrote:

> (PS: I still think that there must be a possibility to program the DSP -
> the documentation even denotes some files for other codecs that can be
> purchased from Micronas - but they don't tell the customers how to...)

Keep in mind that the MP3 decoder SW in the MAS runs from ROM and that
the DSP has only enough RAM to hold all variables needed for MP3 decoding.

Custom DSP SW will have to run from this RAM and would leave even less
space for variables and data. So unless you want to implement something
that is a lot less complex than an MP3 decoder you could do it, but I
assume that the OGG stuff is at least as complex and memory intensive as
MP3 and therefore can't be done. What Micronas offers as a costumer
download codec is only simple stuff like a simple speech codec.

Regards,

Vladimir