Subject: LOW_WATER and high bitrates

LOW_WATER and high bitrates

From: Alex Gitelman <alex_at_fg-soup.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:06:16 -0700

As I mentioned before I was getting skips on 320Kbit
tracks. It got especially bad after last change to mpeg.c,
so I went into mpeg.c and for experiment changed MPEG_LOW_WATER
from 0x40000 to 0x160000 (0x80000 improved situation but did fix
the problem completely). After that it seems to play OK. It takes a
while to start playing though and probably is not easy on HD and
battery. So probably other solution should be found.
My wild guess is that for high bitrates disk reading just does not
have enough speed to be faster then playing.
Best...
Alex