Subject: Re: Recorder Display Usage

Re: Recorder Display Usage

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 20:03:55 +0200

Mats Lidell wrote:

> I don't know if it is feasible but it would be nice if the different
> models don't differ to much at this stage.
>
> Björn suggested, in private communication, that we should look at the
> Player GUI so that it doesn't fall behind the Recorder to much. More
> lines and more buttons so it is easy to add a lot of things for the
> recorder that won't be as easy to get with the player. I looked at it
> and came the conclusion that is it very hard without an overall GUI
> design. Can we produce such a thing? Maybe so that the core
> functionality is the same and the recorder gets additional
> functionality. So that it is easy to move between the models for one
> thing.

Wouldn't it be useful to have a sprintf-like thing for the WPS? That
way, different modes could simply be different strings.

Also, localization support would be nice. Then you have e.g. "recorder
english" and "player engligh". :) sprintf() would probably need to
support re-ordering of arguments (so that the second argument can be
used before the first argument in a format string, if that makes more
sense for the language in question).

Not a solution to the overall GUI design problems perhaps, but it could
help a little...

--
Magnus Holmgren