Subject: Suggestions to progress bar and display usage

Suggestions to progress bar and display usage

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:08:10 +0200

Hello,

I tested the actual cvs version of rockbox with the progressbar - it
looks very nice. Now my annotations:

1.) Showing bitrate and sampling frequency while playing is not a must.
    Maybe an info page as in Archos firmware could show them. At least it
    could be one one line for both values (while playing) to save one for
    the status bar or something else.

2.) The battery bar dosn't look well unter the progressbar. I think it
    will change into a battery symbol in the top line in the future?

3.) I would make time display and progressbar in one line:

0:23---X-------3:43

or

5:17--X-----1:20:13

That means:

- count how many characters the actual time (left) and overall time
  (right) take and write them to the left/right.
- Then make the progressbar fill the rest of the line.

Advantage: Only one line used.
Disadvantage: If playing files with very long running time (> 1h), the
progressbar is short. But I think files have usually a playing time
of only a few minutes.

Bye, Uwe.