Subject: Re: MP3 plays silent

Re: MP3 plays silent

From: Mats Lidell <matsl_at_contactor.se>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:12:26 +0200

>>>>> Daniel wrote:

Daniel> I'm not sure anyone works on this right now. Your
Daniel> contributions would be appreciated!

As this would be a good candidate for the WPS we will have the button
problem to solve (for the Player at least.) I haven't liked the idea
of different modes in the WPS but with so few buttons and so many
functions it might be hard to avoid.

What do you say about these WPS screens:
 * WPS-default, + and -, change volume
 * WPS-ff, + and -, fast forwards and rewinds
 * WPS-nextsong, + and -, changes song

With modes we need to indicate in the display in which mode we are and
we will thus loose space for the mode indicators. On the other hand it
is hard for newbees to use the thing without help from the display so
we might need to add that anyway. This could suggest the following
help information in the second line on the player:

 * WPS-default: "-V.......+V"
 * WPS-ff: "-RW.....+FF"
 * WPS-nextsong: "-PS.....+NS"

On the other hand I just recall that I have seen units where next song
and ff are handled by the same button. Press and hold means ff and
click means next song. That might be a better solution.

(Is there any support for press and hold in the firmware now?)

Yours
--
%% Mats