Subject: Re: shuffling through folders

Re: shuffling through folders

From: Linus G Larsson <lgl_at_leia.org>
Date: 08 Aug 2002 11:18:23 +0200

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 23:30, George Styles wrote:
> All I do (in windows) is
>
> dir j:\ /s/b > j:\playlist.m3u
>
> and that creates a playlist of all the filez, which I then load and shuffle,
> works fine,
>
> i also have a batch file on my JB to do this, so I just plug it in, and type
> j:\cat when I change the content

Which is similar to what I do, under Linux, but I only add new files to
the playlist, with the command

find -cnewer 00-all.m3u -iname "*.mp3" . >> 00-all.m3u

It's faster, but it doesn't account for deleted files (ie, they're still
in the playlist). So sometimes I rebuild it with

find -iname "*.mp3" . > 00-all.m3u

Regards,
Linus