Subject: Re: Rockbox Suggestions:

Re: Rockbox Suggestions:

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:03:58 +0200

schmoo2k wrote:
> When you guess get to persisting settings can we get it in a common
> format (xml/ini) so that it can be modified by a "manger" while docked
> and also would enable having several "favorite" sets (random jazz/big
> bass/etc).

If/when we store a file (and not a sector) it will be a simple text file, yes.

> When in usb mode have the option to leave the machine connected to the
> computer, but switch back to music mode.

Too dangerous. You do not know when the computer wants to write to the disk (cache flushing), so it will get corrupted very very easily this way.

We already keep running when you pull out the cable, I'd say that's enough.

> While playing:
> F2 (recorder) - turn shuffle on / off.
>
> F3 (recorder) - cycle through play modes (normal, single, repeat single,
> repeat all)

Good key suggestions, but I would prefer having those in the dir browser rather than in the wps.

> Rather than have "on" do something, make it like a "shift" key, this
> will enable:
> on+left, on+right (cycle through vol, bass, treble mode for the up down
> arrows)

We separate "key press" from "key release", so we can have both. The menu key already does double duty as key lock (MENU+STOP).

--
Björn