Subject: Re: text files in playlist

Re: text files in playlist

From: Jon Read <jon_at_epoczone.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:50:15 +0100

Hi folks,

Firstly, *excellent* work on rockbox. I've been reading this list for
the last 6 months or so, and now use rockbox all the time on my Archos.
  I would like to get some time to contribute (being an embedded s/w
engineer by trade), but I've been somewhat distracted recently.

Anyhow, a feature I would like to see, and think I might have a go at
implementing, is a text file viewer. I have quite a few text files on
my Archos, each of which gives details on an artist or recording (eg
year, biog, etc). The original firmware allows you to view these text
files, so I could read interesting info about what I'm listening to.

Would anyone else be interested in this functionality?

Regards,
Jon