Subject: MP3Buffer?

MP3Buffer?

From: George Styles <george_at_ripnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:25:12 +0100

how big is the internal MP3 buffer in the MAS chip? i assume that it uses
DMA to load in a new buffer from 'main' ram every time it runs out, but how
often does it do this?

the reason I ask is that I want to try and implement a 'beep' when a remote
control button is pressed. My idea is to overwrite the buffer in main ram
with a 'beep' mp3 frame, and wait for it to be DMA'ed to the MAS chip.
Obviously this is not gonna be good if there is a 1s or more delay before it
is loaded in.

Could we do something else to the MAS chip to feedback? like maybe set all
bass/treble/loudness DSP settings to max for 1/10s to make it sound
different for a bit?

cheers