Subject: Re[2]: I, battery man ;-) (was: Question to powermgm.c charging algorithm)

Re[2]: I, battery man ;-) (was: Question to powermgm.c charging algorithm)

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:53:54 +0200

Hello Tjerk,

Tjerk Schuringa wrote on Monday, August 12, 2002, 7:55:40 AM:

TS> About the charging itself: an interesting effect in NiCd cells (I guess in NiMH
TS> cells as well) is that when the cells are full the terminal voltage actually
TS> drops a little (from say 1.44 to 1.42 volts or so).

As Linux already sayd, it's our Delta-Peak of 0.05 v. NiMH have that,
too, but there "negative temperaturecoefficient" is not so high, so
the voltage drops not so much.

TS> I don't have the exact data
TS> handy but it may be useful looking into. Also I'll do some monitoring on that
TS> Fuji charger (which incidentally also switches on and off when charging - I can
TS> hear it buzzing for a second or so and then a shorter silence). No idea if the
TS> AJB software does that too

No, it doesn't. It's charging with it's full power of ~ 330mA max.
(lower amperage if the battery voltage gets higher because of the
lower difference |power-supply-voltage - battery-voltage|).

Bye, Uwe.