Subject: Re: max 200 entries in a dir. why?

Re: max 200 entries in a dir. why?

From: Mats Lidell <matsl_at_contactor.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:37:16 +0200

>>>>> Linus wrote:

Linus> I definitely don't think an X file limit, today 200, is a
Linus> problem at all.

Two things:

 * The unknowing user could be rather surprised though. There should
   at least be some feedback to the user when this happens. Like first
   entry in dirlist reading "Dir truncated. More than 200 files in
   this folder. Reorganize your files"

 * Given the size of disks now days I guess there isn't any problem at
   all to fill for example the root folder with this amount of
   material just by filling it with playlists from normal CD albums.

Yours
--
%% Mats