Subject: Re: Rattle snakes?

Re: Rattle snakes?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:19:26 +0200

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:39:38 +0200, Guy Devos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several MP3 files that have this rattle sound at the
> beginning, all of them work perfectly with the Archos firmware.

I have analyzed your file and I see a monstruous ID3 tag containing a
BMP image. My guess is that the MP3 decoder tries to play it and that
is what causes the rattling sound.

We may have to try to exclude the ID3 tag from the MP3 data before
sending it to the decoder. Still, the ID3 tag shouldn't contain any
data that can be interpreted as an MP3 frame sync...

Anyway, that is probably the explanation.

/Linus

--
Linus Nielsen Feltzing, linus_at_haxx.se on 2002-08-13