Subject: Re: Beautiful devices ...

Re: Beautiful devices ...

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:20:59 +0200

Rob Ward wrote:
> Does anyone have any knowledge of this device ...
> I note this paragraph from their FAQ ... Looks like it could do .ogg format

That is the Personal Jukebox, one of the first (if not *the* first) mp3 players to use a 2.5" harddrive instead of flash memory. It saw life as a research project at Compaq in 1998. (http://research.compaq.com/SRC/pjb/)

As far as I know (and could find out with some quick googling), it still only supports MP3.

--
Björn