Subject: Re: PATCH: make toys on recorder a compile time option

Re: PATCH: make toys on recorder a compile time option

From: Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:21:25 +0200

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:04:49 +0200 bfischer_at_Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Bjoern
Fischer) wrote:

>here is a patch that makes the build of games and screensavers a
>compile time option. When compiled w/o toys, the buffer space
>will gain about 25k.
>
>I just remember the time when 25k was an unimaginable huge (and
>exceptionally expensive) amount of memory. Crap! I'm old.

In the long term I think, there shouldn't be any games and toys in the rockbox
binary, but rockbox should be able to load some overlays and boot other firmware
versions (including the original archos firmware). This would solve the space
problem completly, because we don't use presious RAM while playing music but
have plenty of space on the harddisc for all the toys like text reader, image
viewer, games, organizer etc.
--
Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Do NOT remove nospam from email address!