Subject: Re[2]: cvs: apps playlist.c,1.37,1.38

Re[2]: cvs: apps playlist.c,1.37,1.38

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:51:44 +0200

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Stenberg wrote on Monday, August 19, 2002, 3:43:18 PM:

DS> I fear an option-overload if we don't make some sacrifices, that's
DS> why I chose to sacrifice this. But certainly, if there's a demand
DS> for an config option, we'll have an another config option!

It would be nice if I could set this option, thanks.

I don't think that more options make the menu too complex, one can
arrange the menu items in logical submenus later so that the menu
remains usable. But limitations in RTC (size) for example could
generally be a problem.

If some day there are too many options: One could separate the options
that a user usually doesn't change when using RockBox and depend on
the users opinion and make them configurable in a Makefile before
compiling. The "1st file to play in shuffle mode" is one of these. So
the menu is not overloaded and the people (like me) that want some
"non-standard" behaviour can set this in a file and recompile it
themselves.

Bye, Uwe.