Subject: Re: Battery life when stopped

Re: Battery life when stopped

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:28:05 +0200

Hello Guy,

Guy Devos wrote on Wednesday, August 21, 2002, 10:14:53 AM:

GD> Hi,

GD> At the office, I often need to stop my player for about 15 minutes or so, when I get a customer phone call. It runs on batteries.
GD> Which is best: shutting the player down completely and reboot it, or leave it on? Does it draw much power from the batteries when
GD> it's stopped?

GD> Thanks in advance.

I made some tests that were on http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/testresults/,
but now I see they aren't there anymore. :( Relevant for your question:

HDD off, LED off, idle 94 mA
HDD off, LED off, play 97 mA
HDD off, LED on, idle 129 mA
HDD off, LED on, play 131 mA
HDD on, LED on, play 230 mA
HD on, reading, LED off ~ 600 mA
HD spin up before read max 800 mA

So leaving the AJB "on" (without playing) consumes ~100mA. I would do
only a "pause" in your case.

Bye, Uwe.