Subject: some VBR files not playing back correctly

some VBR files not playing back correctly

From: Garner Halloran <garner_at_gtf.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:04:10 -0400

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything about this
in the archives.

I have some VBR files that sound all staticy or scratchy when played back.
They play fine on my PC and with the Archos firmware so I suspect there is
something wrong with the rockbox firmware.

I have an Archos Recorder 20. It came with the 1.26 firmware and I've
confirmed this behavior happens on Rockbox 1.2 and the 8/15 firmware.

Also, I encoded the file with LAME if that makes any difference. I've got
probably 8gig worth of files that I've ripped myself and encoded with LAME
and most of the them work. If someone wants the mp3 in question, just let
me know where to upload it!

Thanks!
Garner Halloran
   "We demand guaranteed rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
       - Vroomfondel from _The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts_