Subject: Re: Battery issue

Re: Battery issue

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:16:37 +0200

Hello Benoit,

Benoit Midy wrote on Wednesday, August 28, 2002, 7:03:54 PM:

BM> I did read the Battery FAQ entirely,it is very good done and could answer most of user
BM> questions.

BM> But I did read in the FAQ that some users use 1700 or 1800 mAh battery to replace the
BM> original 1500mAh to gain some lifetime.

BM> Could someone give me a comparison between 1500 / 1700 / 1800mAh battery lifetime
BM> using RockBox or Archos Firmware ?

Do you mean the comparison of 1500 mAh cells vs. 1800 mAh cells
or Rockbox vs. Archos firmware?

For different cells, it's very simple:

running time = capacity of batteries / current of a device

The AJB uses about 160 mA. That means with 1500 mAh:
running time = 1500 mAh / 160 mA = 9,3 h.
And 2000 mAh cells mean that you get 33% more running time.

With the rockbox software, the AJB should run longer (because of a
bigger sound buffer). But the rockbox charger maybe charges the
batteries not so full (on recorder) like the Archos firmware.
I have no exact values that I've measured, sorry.

Bye, Uwe.