Subject: Re: Dividing Files Option

Re: Dividing Files Option

From: perterm <perterm_at_vce.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:02:43 +0200

Klaus Heerlein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thanks for your great improvements for the firmware.
>
> I am using the recorder for my band recordings.

So do I. (What preamp solution do you use?)

> It would need "divide file" and "autoname" functions.

I feel the necessity for even more:

I want an editor with a oszillosgramme on the screen on which you can
zoom and navigate to find the desired split point. I want three
preaudition modes: loop to the split point, loop from the split point,
loop over the split point with a beep at the split point.
And I feel addicted to program it. But if it really should be me to do
it it'll take long because I have to learn how to make an oszillosgramme
(I still hope I can use the MAS volume info for that instead of decoding
the mp3). I also have to learn how to control the playback buffer and
how to use the fat api for writing that doesn't exist yet. I wouldn't be
surprised if this split editor requires many other modules to be
extended or changed. Thus I consider the development of a split editor
as a BIG task. Considering that I can only work on this on weekends
it'll probably take months.

Phil