Subject: Re: filesystem problems?

Re: filesystem problems?

From: Bradley Alexander <storm_at_tux.org>
Date: 03 Sep 2002 05:30:03 -0400

I have a little more information on this issue. None of it is
scientific, however, I figured I would throw my config out there and see
if any of it made sense.

Again, this is a JB6000/RockBox 1.3 with the following settings:

Shuffle on
MP3/M3U Filter on
Sort case sensitive off
Backlight 10s (though it never stays on more than 3-4 seconds that I've
                noticed)
WPS Display 1 line ID3 (though it displays the filename and time)
Disk Spindown 5s

Given a random playlist, say it plays tracks 1,4,6,9,3,5,7, and suppose
it skips on track 9. If I hit the - key, instead of skipping back to the
previous track (6 in this case), it goes back to the beginning of 9.
Pressing - 2 or 3 times will take me back to track 4, and then pressing
+ twice will take me to track 9, which does not skip. It does not seem
to be movement related.

The other day, I also noticed that if allowed to play after a skipping
episode, after 3 or 4 tracks, it will stop playing, and the display will
say "End of list. Press <on>" Doing so will take me back to the
top-level directory.

I know its confusing, but hopefully one of the developers will find it
useful. If there is any more information I can provide, please let me
know.

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |   storm [at] debian.org