Subject: some playing around

some playing around

From: Jerome Kuptz <jerome_at_geekrox.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 20:47:16 -0700

I was playing around in the code messing with a feature submitted by adiamas.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=562120&group_id=44306&atid=439121

I did not commit this to cvs as it is not worthy. It is merely an
exploration of the feature and how it might fit into our code (there are
1000 ways to do it better). Anyway I've attached a diff for others to play
with to get any discussion going.

=-=-=-=-=- caveats -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1) Without file writes the ability to persist a list is not there yet.
2) you are limited to 25 selections
3) lots of bugs exist, but it's only an experiment in the idea (not in
optimization or coding practices)
4) I had to steal the Menu + Play combo away from the Mute functionality so
that there was instant key access for testing. We are officially out of
keystrokes on the player it seems.
5) Only works on the player currently.

Why did I do this you ask? Because this is a really cool feature that
Pioneer did with their first 25+ CD players that I always thought was
really cool. When I saw the feature on sourceforge I thought it would be
good to start thinking about it, because it is something I would like in
the firmware myself when file writes are possible.

enjoy,
--jk

  • application/octet-stream attachment: fave.diff