Subject: Re: AW: Where does the ROM start?

Re: AW: Where does the ROM start?

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 19:59:33 +0200

Bernd Konnerth wrote:
> 3) Rockbox jumps to the corresponding address in ROM (of course
> behind the original Archos bootloader! This is the address I'd need)

This is theoretically possible, but the address is probably different for each ROM revision making it unpractical to do.

Why is it at all desirable to run the ROM code instead of a firmware file? I know, sometimes new units have a more recent ROM than is available for download, but surely you can live with running a previous version? It's not like all the bugs are fixed in the latest anyway...

--
Björn