Subject: RE: ATA - USE_POWEROFF vs USE_SLEEP

RE: ATA - USE_POWEROFF vs USE_SLEEP

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <"Nielsen>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:29:08 +0200

> > ATA_STANDBY: 10h30
> > ATA_SLEEP: 6h30
> >

> This doesn't make sense, sleep is a lower power mode than standby -
> according to all the hdd specs etc.

I guess that the ATA bus doesn't like to be tri-stated in my Recorder.

> Is your recorder standard - ie. original hdd etc - ie. have
> you been messing with it - ie. maybe broke something?

Oh, I have messed around a lot with it, so yes, there is a chance that
something is broken.

> If this isn't a one-off hardware issue, then loads of box
> rockers must be getting very low battery life - because
> sleep mode is the standard method.

Yes, it is standard since a while back. I hope that it is either a problem
with just my unit, but I can imagine that it may be a problem with this
particular version of the Recorder. Daniel Stenberg has the same version as
I, so I will have him perform the same tests on his box.

/Linus