Subject: RE: Rockbox for the player

RE: Rockbox for the player

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:51:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Ed Wilson wrote:

> 1) When showing the playlist number 4/1567 etc.. the 4 is the current count
> of how many tracks have been played, but on the old firmware it referred to
> the position of the song within the playlist which was much easier to
> remember so that the song could be removed from the playlist at a later
> date.

The superb (if I may say so) efficiency of playlist in Rockbox of course come
with a price.

We only keep a single list in memory, and that list is shuffled when you
select shuffle. When advancing down this list, we have no knowledge at all
about what "original" position a particular index has.

To be able to know that, we'd have to store an additional 16 bit number for
each playlist entry. Quite doable, but not done today.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/