Rockbox mail archiveSubject: [PATCH] loadable fonts finally fixed
[PATCH] loadable fonts finally fixed
From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:30:48 -0600
The following patch makes loadable fonts actually work (finally!).
It took me quite a while, but I finally figured out why the sim
worked and the target didn't: the SH1 processor won't read
longwords from a shortword alignment... I had to rev the .fnt
file to version 1.1 (requires remaking *.fnt files) in order
to fix this. Please apply the following patch completely.
It's diffed against the latest CVS.
I've also attached rockbox-fonts-1.1.tar.gz which includes
known working *.fnt files, including a courB08 system.fnt,
Now the real work can begin... Although the new
system.fnt will work fine, if you try going to a really
big font (try copying courB14.fnt to system.fnt), then
you will find that it comes up and works in tree mode,
but will crash the system when going into WPS
mode... I'm sure this is because of the low-level
lcd_bitmap not clipping properly when given a too-large
bitmap, which the characters become. I haven't yet
tried to debug the low-level driver. Of course, it all
works on the sim...
So the apps developers will now have to make sure that
all apps screen sizes may vary according to the loaded font.
The font height can be gotten through the lcd_getfontsize API.
Files patched in fonts-6.patch
1. apps/menu.c - LCD_PROPFONTS error (2nd resubmission on this, please checkin)
2. firmware/font.c - fixes and reformatting. Please check this in as is,
my vi editor requires more reformatting changes since I left tabs in the
file, these are removed now (2nd resubmission on this, please checkin)
3. firmware/fonts.h - doc change on .fnt file format, .fnt version
4. firmware/loadfont.c - fixes to load font properly, typedefs
5. firmware/system.c - lcd_setfont(FONT_SYSFIXED) before
issuing error, otherwise font may not exist.
6. tools/bdf2c - fixes for correct output when filename starts
with a number, as well as when no DEFAULT_CHAR in .bdf
file. (2nd resubmission on this, please checkin)
7. tools/writerbf.c - fixes for bugfixed fontfile format.