Subject: RE: Daily Build

RE: Daily Build

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <"Nielsen>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:19:16 +0200

> are addressed.

The you shouldn't send emails to a public mailing list which is archived on
the web. :-)

> Not sure if this is relevant as I'm using the daily build
> from 13/9, but when I play a song from a directory, the first
> song I play - regardless of where it is in the directory
> - is displayed as song number 1, the following song
> is then given the correct number for its position in the
> playlist.

Interesting. We should look into that. Is Shuffle on?

> Also, could someone please give me the pros and cons of
> messing with the disc spindown option.

Longer spindown means easier navigation in the browser, and faster skipping
of files with Right-arrow when playing.
Shorter spindown means slightly longer battery time and less risk of HD
damage if you drop the unit.

Note that the disk spindown delay is only effective when the user is causing
the disk to spin up. When the disk spins up automatically to load more MP3
data, it is immediately spun down again.

/Linus