Subject: OT - Advantages of Archos over creative...

OT - Advantages of Archos over creative...

From: George Styles <george_at_ripnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:47:19 +0100

Hi,

A friend of mine wants to buy a MP3 jukebox, and he is considering the
Creative. Obviously I am biased (mainly by open source firmware) towards the
Archos, but as a non-techie, open source firmware is not a major plus for
him :)

Has neone recently compared the two - its a toss up between the AJR20 and
the similar capacity Creative Nomad Jukebox 3...

I know quite a lot about the AJR20 (i am a happy owner), can anyone advise
me on how the creative compares? is it true that it cant mount the disc as a
normal volume, and requires special software to load the MP3s? does it
"support" digital rights management (boo.... hiss....)

thanks in advance