Subject: converting old fonts started

converting old fonts started

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:57:43 +0200

Hello,

I also want the old fonts in bdf format, I like especially the old
prop. font!

So I converted the old character tables (hex values are columns) into
a bdf-like format (hex values are rows).

Attached are:

oldfont.table table of the old .c source
newfont.bdf my stupidly converted bfd
newfont.bmp bmp that proofs that characters are ok somehow

oldpropfont.table same as above
newpropfont.bdf ..
newpropfont.bmp ..

I'm no bdf expert and therefore I only took another bdf file and
changed the character definitions with the output of my script.

There are wrong values in these files because I don't know the
meaning of the keywords inside the bdfs..

So the next step would be that a "bdf-expert" (I'm not! ;) ) makes
correct bdf files out of these or someone tells me a good and simple
(Windows) bdf program so that I can correct and complete these fonts.

If someone wants the characters in the attached files slightly changed
somehow because they're wrong (one pixel up, down,... other
STARTCHAR/ENCODING count offset), write me and I'll send another file!
I especially shifted the values of the newfont.bdf 3 pixels so that
the bmp looks more correct, I don't know if this is right.

Hope that my approach helps..

Bye, Uwe.