Subject: Re: [patch] volume peak meter in wps

Re: [patch] volume peak meter in wps

From: Philipp Pertermann <philipp.pertermann_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:09:15 +0200

Jack wrote:

> Now here is a question. What is the scale ? It almost
looks like
> a linear scale vs. a log (dB) scale. Do the meters go all
the way to
> the right edge of the screen ?

Yes, it's linear. I've already gotten some links to learn
how to do the dbfs math. I'm working on that. I have to make
some conversion tables. It will be a user selectable option
to switch from linear to dbfs.

> Could you add a scale as an option in the WPS screen, like
> if you put %pms on the line above it put marks with their
dB values,
> like -10 -6 -3 -1 and so on ?

I consider that as problematic with loadable fonts. But what
I could do is put in some inverted vertical lines at magic
values. And a few new tags to read out the peak values as
numerical values

> Also could you put "clip" "lights" on it so that if the
MP3 goes
> to full scale it shows a different symbol and it hangs out
longer
> so that we know if the MP3 itself is clipping ?

Yes, I could.

> In conclusion Good Job!

Thanx! Your input is highly appreciated.

Phil