Subject: Translations and players

Translations and players

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:58:58 +0200

Hi,

Given the possibility to translate Rockbox, a shortcoming of the new
player is more noticable: the lack of national characters. However,
there are eight programmable characters, of which two are needed for the
dir browser. Which is just enough to add the required characters for
Swedish, and, I guess, some other languages.

I've just hacked Rockbox so that it includes "å", "ä" and "ö". Is this
something that is of general interest? I.e., should I submit a patch for
it, and make it easy to adapt to other languages?

--
Magnus Holmgren