Subject: Re: Extending .eq

Re: Extending .eq

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:51:36 +0200

Björn Stenberg wrote:

> > But what I actually don't like is the file format itself
> > with this weird # to substitute something which imoh an eol
> > should do.
>
> I agree completely. I will change this soon if nobody else beats me to it. Settings files should be simple:
>
> volume: 75
> bass: 0
> treble: 0

I've made a start on it, but I'm not sure when I can get it finished (a
couple of days probably, but no later than next weekend). My first idea
was "volume = 75", but I can change that (in fact, the above would make
the code a little simpler :). I'll keep comment support ("#"; either
alone on a line, or after a setting) if no-one dislikes that.

Note, however, that my implementation is intentionally made for sound
related settings only. Adding support for e.g. shuffle would be a bit
ugly. :)

--
Magnus Holmgren