Subject: Re: Extending .eq

Re: Extending .eq

From: chad <chad_at_antool.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:54:49 -0700

On Monday 23 September 2002 02:43 am, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Chad wrote:
> > What did you change from the way the origonal code worked to make it
> > "intentionally made for sound'?
> > It was very easy to extended the exsisting code to include shuffle..
> > Though the "if else" is nested very deep.
>
> Because the code for the sound options differed in little but the SOUND_*
> argument used in various calls in mpeg.c. With the addition of an opposite
> of the mpeg_val2phys function, you just need to figure out what SOUND_*
> value to use (and where to store the value); the rest of the code can then
> be generic for all (sound) settings.
>
> But adding support for non-sound options wouldn't be that hard really. It
> doesn't seem to be the proper place in what started as an "equalizer"
> setting though...

I see.
I agree about it not the proper place which is why I sugested the .eq be
changed to ".set" one settings file is better than several, one for each type
of data in my mind. I think it would be great if rockbox had menu settings to
toggle a search in dirs for a .set file and load the entries in that file
automaticaly. I prefer to shuffle my playlists and major dirs but not albums
you could put a .set file in the album dirs to automaticaly turn on or off
shuffle or any other setting you want set ala Apache .ht files. I don't see
anyone jumping up and saying thats great so ill just let it drop...Maybe
after rockbox stabilizes down the road ill add this to the code for personal
use.

Ps Thanks Bjorn for making this code open source I have learned much from
reading this code and the mailing list and Rockbox still kicks the *rap out
of the stock firmware.
Thanks Chad