Subject: Re: Links

Re: Links

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:51:07 +0200

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Now that leaves mewith another idea : could the playlists be seen as a
> directory containing a list of files ? And not just a file. That way you
> could select the items you want to read or not (to make a "live"
> selection/playlist). ie something recursive.

They could, but we'd run into the same 400 file limit as for directories. Or actually, we'd run into the 16K limit a lot sooner than the 400 file limit, since playlists contain full paths and thus have longer average filenames.

Playlist browsing is definitely a goal. I'm just not sure what the best design is yet.

--
Björn