Subject: Re: Re: berzerk peak meter? Alpha testers wanted.

Re: Re: berzerk peak meter? Alpha testers wanted.

From: Philipp Pertermann <philipp.pertermann_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:13:13 +0200

> i'm planning to generate SH1 assembly for fflog2 and fflog10 to examine its
> efficiency and if something can be better done.
> > Paul: Thank you very much. I'll try this.

One thing to improve is the value range. I have to calculate fflog2 of quite large values (0 < x < 0x8000). I noticed that your implementation works superb for small values but suffers of some overflows for big values. Haven't traced where, yet.

Phil

WEB.DE MyPage - Ultimatives Kommunikationstool! Ihre Message sofort
online! Domain aenderbar! http://www.das.ist.aber.ne.lustige.sache.ms/