Subject: Re: cvs: firmware/drivers lcd-recorder.c,1.3,1.4

Re: cvs: firmware/drivers lcd-recorder.c,1.3,1.4

From: Bjoern Fischer <bfischer_at_Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:55:23 +0200

Hello Uwe,

> BrS> New scroll code by Björn Fischer.
> Fixed >>8 pixel font support for it.
> BrS> Changed speed setting to step setting, do we need both?
>
> I think yes, because the user should decide if he wants a smooth
> movement with unsharp texts (low step, high speed) or sharp text with
> bigger steps (high step, low speed). This is because the lcd is not so
> quick with turning on/off a pixel.

I fully agree. Additionally the loss of 'sharpness' during low-step
high-speed depends on the font that is used: larger fonts with
less "HF" in horizontal lines will suffer much less than small fonts.

If not Björn (Stenberg), I will add a second knob for separately
selectable speed and step size later today (~21:00 CEST).

Björn (Fischer)