Subject: Re: non-music questions and feature request

Re: non-music questions and feature request

From: Paul Suade <paul.suade_at_laposte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:13:46 +0200

What about simple overriding setting emebbeded in the first line playlist
comment ?

#!shuffle // turn on shuffle for this playlist no matter the default setting
<list-of-songs>
or:
#!S // shuffle

#!no-shuffle // turn off shuffle for this playlist no matter the default
setting
<list-of-songs>
or:
#!s // no shuffle

A simple letter could help to have several other options to enable or
disable in the same line (when opening a playlist try to get the first line
for overiding options).

Since I suppose you are skipping comments, just try to figure out if there
is an overiding setting to handle.

But if I remember well, most people doesn't like this system, is it because
the way you handle the playlist in code ?