Subject: Re: ID3 tag isn't displayed correctly

Re: ID3 tag isn't displayed correctly

From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:36:11 -0600

: I guess the only I'll have to do is to edit the ID3 tags with an editor to
: get rid off those nasty unicode characters...

Well - not necessarily. The font code can almost handle
unicode-based characters, if a unicode font is loaded.
The first step should be a change to the ID3 tag
reader to convert unicode-ID3 tags to ISO8859-1
(very simple) if found. These could then be displayed
properly by the existing code. I suggest this be
added to the "bug list." If the unicode character
cannot be converted to ISO8859, then that character
can be converted to the loaded font's default character.

Later, a unicode version of lcd_puts{xy} could be
created that indexes the current font using
unicode (short) indices. If the font supports
the unicode character, it'll be displayed. If
not, the default character will be displayed.

Regards,

Greg

:
: Olivier.