Rockbox mail archiveSubject: RE: [bug?]: Start , then resume
RE: [bug?]: Start , then resume
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:30:27 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Perron, Olivier wrote:
> By the way, it's the 3rd bug I report here and I'm quiet sure I could offer
> more help or a quicker help by doing a first debug stage by myself. It is
> just that I don't know how to practically debug rockbox from my linuxbox. I
> would appreciate if someone could give me some advice on how to do it.
I'd suggest this approach:
1. Make sure you build your own firmware using the tools of the trade.
2. When you get a crash with an address, check out the archos.map regarding
what that particular address is used for.
Often, if the problem is not so target-related, trying to reproduce the
problem in the simulator is a very good first step as that makes it all
much easier to debug and test.
3. Read all the related sources.
4. If possible, modify your unit for gdb-ability. (Not many people do this,
since this requires a brave heart and voiding your warranty.)
5. Change, recompile, test and over again.
6. Post the patch that fixes the problem to the patch tracker.
-- Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/Received on 2002-10-01