Subject: Re: Remote control with display

Re: Remote control with display

From: ActiveSystems <activesystems_at_caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 00:55:14 +1200

voltage levels aside, the remoclone shows that you can easily throw data at
the Jukebox at 9600 baud.

Provided the functionality of PB10 can be changed on the fly from a UART Rx
to a general I/O pin then you can definitely send data out of the box to the
remote. Only issues I see are:

a) Sending the data out of the Jukebox without too much overhead and at a
reasonable bitrate. Since we can't use the Tx side of the UART (pin not
connected), it will have to be clocked out bit by bit. This is why I was
thinking that it would be nice if it could be piggybacked on top of an
existing time-dependent routine?????

b) Making sure that the micro in the remote can handle Tx and Rx on the same
wire - don't see why it can't.