Subject: Re: [patch] peakmeter

Re: [patch] peakmeter

From: <phil_at_x-phobie.de>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:06:12 +0200

Would it be difficult do make an inverse function, too? It would be
useful for entering dBfs values for the range of the meter.

>I think I stuck to the contribution rules. Comments
>highly appreciated.

You broke a few formal rules:
Code police says: "Variables and function names should be all lower
case."
I misunderstood that first, too. Code police really means that each
character of variables should be lowercase.

Code police says: "When changing code, follow the code style of the
file you are editing."
You aligned opening and closing braces while the rest of the file was
written in a space-saver schema.

Code police says (but only privately, not in docs/CONTRIBUTING: "No
c++ comments allowed!"
Thus I replaced all
// Range X-Y
by
/* Range X-Y */

Funny: When I started coding for rockbox it was exactly the same rules
that I broke. But I found a few other rules to break, too. :)
It seems to me that a lot of code is written with the silent
convention that the identifiers tell you which module they come from.
For example all functions that start with mpeg_xxx come from the file
mpeg.*

Phil